We are very proud of the growth of the department. We are among the largest departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. At the undergraduate level, we offer degrees in Math, Statistics, Math for Business, Actuarial Science and Math Education. At the graduate level, we offer a PhD in Applied Mathematics and Master's degrees in General Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics Education, Actuarial Statistics and Applied Statistics.
Your gift will enable the department to increase student scholarships, develop and maintain strong programs, improve the students' college experience, strengthen the relationship with alumni and attract high-potential students at the undergraduate, Master's and PhD levels.
The generosity of our alumni and the companies hiring our graduates is critical to provide an outstanding education for our students and create programs to build expertise in new areas.
The department has designated the following funds as current Prioirities:
- Mathematics and Statistics Department Fund
- Women in Math and Statistics
- Actuarial Science & Math Business Programs (this fund will be setup soon)
All gifts, regardless of the amount, are greatly appreciated.
How to give
To donate via credit card, please click on the green "Give Now" box and follow these instuctions one you are on the Giving site for the University:
- On the University giving site, you will see a search box with these words above it:...OR SEARCH FOR YOUR DESIRED FUND(S) OR ENTER 'OTHER' FOR FUND(S) NOT LISTED
- If you know the name of the fund you have chosen, type that fund's name
- You also can type the words "College of Liberal Arts & Sciences" in that box (be sure to use the & as opposed to spelling out the word "and" in the college name) to see the entire list
- Once you have chosen your fund by selecting the checkbox to the left of the fund name. The right-hand column indicated: YOUR GIFT SELECTIONS, you will see the name of the fund you have selected and two green button options - one for Credit Card gifts.
- Please click the button and follow the instructions
Please make sure checks payable to "UNC Charlotte Foundation" and mark [fund name] [fund number] on the Memo line.
Please mail to:
Office of University Development, CLAS
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223
Other Giving Opportunities
If you or your spouse/partner work for a company that matches your charitable gifts, you may be able to increase your donation through a matching gift. Search our online database to see if your organization participates.
Planned gifts include gifts of marketable securities such as stocks and bonds; estate gifts through a bequest in a will or through a trust; charitable gift annuities or charitable remainder trusts that provide a lifetime income stream to the donor; and other gifts of real estate or tax-deferred retirement assets. For more information, please go to Planned Giving.
Gifts made to create an endowed fund are invested for perpetuity. A portion of the earned income is used to support the fund's purpose. Any excess earning are reinvested, allowing the fund to grow. Endowments may be created for student scholarships and fellowships, faculty chairs and professorships, or many other purposes. For more information, contact Judy Lekoski, email@example.com